Making a Difference
Help us open doors and create independent and productive lives for children with autism and developmental disabilities. If you’re a highly motivated person who wants to thrive in a high energy, leading-edge educational environment, you will find that BLOOMING TREE is a great place to build your career and professional skills. We have upcoming openings for professional positions.
If you’re a highly motivated person who wants to thrive in a high energy, leading-edge educational environment for children with Autism age 2-6 , you will find that we are a great place to build your career and professional skills.
All of our Tutors, receive extensive Free training on the applications of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis ( ABA ) to teach children with Autism to acquire skills and maximize independence in the areas of communication, academics, socialisation, self-management of behaviours and daily living skills.
This position provides an excellent entry to the field for people who are interested in psychology, behaviour analysis, early years special education, or other careers in the behavioural sciences.
Trainee Tutor position Requirements
- Applicants must be physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for a challenging career experience.
- Must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with young children, and with an interest in being trained in, the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Must be prepared to work in a variety of setting (clinic, home, and school)
- Must be prepared to complete the RBT 40 hours online training we provide.
- Must be prepared to complete all the safeguarding and health & safety training.
- Must follow all the safeguarding, & our health and safety procedures and policies.
- NOT been convicted of any criminal offence, received cautions or written warnings spent or otherwise (the post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act).
- You are eligible to work in the UK (we do not provide tier 2 sponsorship working visa)
As a trainee ABA tutor, you will get fully trained in VB-ABA.
All the training courses are provided free to all of our stuff.
Before applying for this job you need to know :
- This is a full-time Job (we do not hire part-time)
- This job offer will be subject to enhanced DBS checks (Criminal Record)
- You are required to fill an official application form for safety & vetting reasons before your interview (we provide the application form after applying for the position)
Work Environment & Job Progress
- We operate 5 days a week (8.45am -17.00pm)
- Friendly and safe environment
- We provide a full contract from the day you start
- By acquiring skills & experience during the training, a Tutor get promoted, and could reach a salary of £23.500 as a Senior Tutor
- A tutor works with 2 to 3 different children on 1:1 basis, at the clinic, home, or school (travelling across London may be required).
- We do provide free supervision, training and guidance, if a tutor wishes to become a BCBA consultant
Candidates with NVQ2 or above in childcare or experienced working with children will be preferred.
The Salary for a trainee tutor starts from £16,000 during probationary period (first 3 months), £17,000 once confirmed in post, increasing up to £23,500 depending on performance and mastered skills.
Experienced Tutor position Requirements
- Previously working with children across the age range of 1-9 and across contexts
- 2 years working with children with autism in an ABA facility or as a home tutor supervised by an BCBA consultant.
- Excellent basics ABA practice and theoretical knowledges, being flexible on practice to individual needs
- Ability to structure an ABA session; implementation of paring, manding, ITT and NET sessions
- Data recording within session and data reporting
- Being familiar with assessments tools
- Being familiar with production organisation and maintenance of functional teaching material
- Being aware and respect ethical standards and personal cares regarding working with young children
- Building and maintaining good rapport with children; being creative, playful and dynamic
- Demonstrating a professional attitude and building good rapport with families
- Being responsible, using initiative, being an excellent team player
- Being emotionally and physically resilient to meet the challenges of working with young and energetic children
As an experienced ABA tutor, you will be in charge of the implementation of intensive behavioural educative programs for children with autism.
You will work with 2 to 4 children, at the clinic, home or school (travelling across London may be required). You will be responsible for one child’s folder (data reports and graphs, targets updating, communication with your supervisor about the program progressions). You will be also responsible for the consistent implementation of his/her program across the team (being proactive during the team meetings, informing your colleagues about changes regarding criteria, programs or material).
You will need to be experienced in VB-ABA, and be familiar with the related teaching methods and assessment tools. You will also assist the Consultants in the behavioural assessments.
Salary scale £18,000 to £21,000 depending on previous experience, increasing up to £23.500 depending on performance.